Tattoo After Care
Basic Tattoo After Care
1. Gently remove the adhesive film within 24 hours, perform this action under slow running warm water.
2. Gently wash the tattoo with mild soap and warm water, then pat dry with a clean paper towel.
3. Gently apply the extra pieces of film that your artist has provided you, if any.
4. Repeat the steps above as needed, once a day for 1 - 3 days.
5. Following application of adhesive film should be covering your tattoo for at least 3 days but not more than 7 days.
6. Avoid activities that result in excessive sweating such as jogging, cycling, gym, yoga, etc,
7. Avoid soaking in water (swimming pool, bath tub, etc) for at least 2 weeks or until the scab or dried layer of skin naturally peels off.
8. Itching is a normal part of tattoo healing, DO NOT scratch, peel, pick any scab / dried layer of skin off, as it will result in deeper wounds and higher risk of getting an infection. Hence, no more pretty tattoo.
9. Avoid eating shell base seafood (crabs, prawn, shrimps, oyster, cockle, etc) and excessive sweets such as bottled juice, soda, desserts, pastries, cookies, chocolates, ice-cream,etc these will increase inflammation. Keeping a balance and healthy diet will help to speed up the healing.
*The layer of adhesive film protects your fresh tattoo from friction and provides a WATERPROOF and ANTIBACTERIAL barrier that's prevent external contamination from entering the wound.
*The adhesive film should be used on FRESH tattoo ONLY and it should not be applied on infected skin.
*In some rare cases some users may be sensitive or allergic to the adhesive film and may experience reddened skin, pimples or skin rashes this will soon disappear. Please discontinue use of the film should this happen to you.
*Do not hesitate to contact your artist directly for any aftercare question.